Thread: Oil cooler/ heater modification

Default Oil cooler/ heater modification

I just got a new radiator for my 2.5NA but it doesnt have the oil cooler fittings. Then I started thinking that if I ran my oil lines into a heater matrix sandwiched with the regular heater matrix I could also extract the heat from the engine oil to get a little more heat. engine oil gets hot way faster then the prestone. Any ideas/suggestions before i start butchering my heater?
    67 angry hamsters

I remember way-back-when (barely), I think it was Studebaker (?) had oil heating systems in place of water. They made enough heat to burn the hair off your legs, but in summer they also made lots heat. I don't remember if there was a by-pass for this or not. Something to think about though. I had considered such a system for my SIII v-8, as it made very little heat. I added a high CFM boat bilge blower fan to the inlet side of the heater box, next to the stock fan, which helped a little. At least you can feel air moving now.

'95 RRC Lwb
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S