Thread: This is ugly!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default This is ugly!

This is a 109k motor I just picked up to refresh and replace my 209,000 miles 4.0 (slipped liner). I got a screaming deal on it, after a teardown the block is in really nice shape, clean bores, good liners. I've seen a lot of things this is up there...

How much money did you spend on that motor , if you don't mind me asking?
    This Message is presented by Treasure coast Land Rover and Terrafirma serious 4x4 accesories

1997 range rover 6.2L DSE
    engine HMMWV 6.2L diesel
    5 speed manual transmission
    HMMWV hydraulic winch

WOW! I wonder how many oil changes are on that motor? Looks like an old Chevy motor, lubed occasionally with Quacker Stat oil (I've seen a number of American engines that looked like this). I'd be, as you most likey are, worried about the bearings and other internals.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S

Nice door stop....

I paid $300 for the motor. Rebuilt and purring along nicely..

Good deal, and luck was on your side. Sometimes sludge and rusted valve springs are a sign that the motor was used for short trips and not brought up to temp long enough to evaporate the internal condensation.

'95 R.R.C. Lwb
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S