Thread: Can I use amsoil

Default Can I use amsoil

I changed the oil in the transfer case, in my 03 Discovery. I was gonna use the Castrol Syntrax 75W/90 but couldn't find it at any autoparts store. I went ahead and bought Amsoil 75/90 gearlube and used that in it's place. Everything seems to be fine so but I've started second guessing and I'm wondering if I should replace it with another type of oil.
    Last edited by neifert2006; 04-22-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: I described the part wrong

I've always used Castrol in my 98 and never had an issue in 206k. My Camel has always ran Amsoil since new and also, just fine with 176k on the clock. I have not torn either D1 apart to compare, but I do not think Amsoil will hurt it at all. Neither truck ticks, smokes or has had any bearing/trans or diff failures. In fact, my 98 has never had the heads off. Camel had heads done under warranty at 35k and been fine since. Amsoil is good stuff too.
    2003 Disco SE7 expedition prepped
    1998 Disco LSE 7 50th anniversary Baluga Black
    1996 Disco XD Trek number 4 and Camel Selections
    1969 Series 2A 109

I replaced most fluids in my car with Amsoil versions when I bought it. Amsoil is good stuff, I swear by it now!

Sent from my Military Air Portable
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed