Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not good....

The '63 bulkhead will have the mirrored cut outs for the pedal towers and steering shaft.
    To swap you will need a LH steering box, and the steering relay in the frame has to move over to the other side (rewelding). You'll reroute some brake lines and a few other odds and ends, plus move the e brake handle to the left side if is not there already. I think you'll need to swap the arms on the swivel.
    Not a big thing except for the frame mods and locating a LH steering box.

A 63 five door is going to have some problems. Double check the wings and doors in particular as they are pretty much unobtanium.
    I guess by "bug eye" you mean headlights in the breakfast. I think most agree that the bug eye term is for trucks post 1969 when the lights moved to the wings (fenders)

Bug eye refers to the first trucks that used the non-recessed lights in the fenders, not the recessed type. They basically took the lights in the radiator support and stuck them to the outer surface of the wing.

This has both...

bugeyes, raised chrome rings, on the wings and normal lights in the breakfast.

Trying to get some pics.

FYI - the front doors have rusted bottoms, I expect these are available from our host right?
    1963 Series IIa 109" 5 door Safari top (SOLD to new home)
    1971 Series IIa 88" Soft top (SOLD to new home)
    1995 RRC - LWB
    2001 Discovery II SE7 (SOLD to new home)

FYI - the front doors have rusted bottoms, I expect these are available from our host right?
    Series 2-2A doors are unobtanium. You will have to modify a S3 door or repair what you have.

Check Ebay UK. There is a gentleman in England that makes 2a doors and I believe he ships to the US.
    Jim

OK - thanks....

I better take good care of my 88 doors then!!

According the RN website you can order a full door for around $250??

I am going to post some pictures of it soon...will pick it up this week I think.
    1995 RRC - LWB

SPG Global. I almost pulled the trigger on some. Looks like good quality at a decent price. Shipping to the US wasn't bad and they seems like good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-ME View Post
    Check Ebay UK. There is a gentleman in England that makes 2a doors and I believe he ships to the US.
    Jim

Do you have a website? I was trying to google it - to no avail...
    Cheers.
    1995 RRC - LWB

Sorry, I dont. However, he has an ebay store on ebay UK under spglobalparts.

They have nothing but good things to say about the quality of his doors on the Series 2 Club forum in the UK. Even the rivet counters. Try here http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/spglobalpa...id=p4340.l2562
    jim