Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: importing

Converting to LHD is not only expensive, but it's hard to do and expensive. Not all the parts necessary are readily available either. I was talked out of it early on as a possibility. Also, don't forget that there are many more people like you, trying to find 87 and earlier trucks. Others will bid as well. Good luck! Expect to spend about $10k getting an alright one over here.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotographer View Post
    Converting to LHD is not only expensive, but it's hard to do and expensive. Not all the parts necessary are readily available either. I was talked out of it early on as a possibility. Also, don't forget that there are many more people like you, trying to find 87 and earlier trucks. Others will bid as well. Good luck! Expect to spend about $10k getting an alright one over here.
    I'm not gonna bid on any trucks whenever I do eBay it's straight to "buy it now". I'm not in a rush to do it and I'm not gonna bring over hunks of crap. Take my time do some research and find something good. If I need to be the one to go over and do it turn do be it.
    Zach why was your car in the paper?

Supposed to say "then so be it"

10k I hope you mean £ cause any thing for 10k$ is going to be ****. Prices have really been drivin up the last 6 months.
    GMR Imports
    802-655-4874
    802-324-3370
    gmr4x4.com

Used to be the UK market was flooded - inexpensive Rovers good and bad....but now because of the demand from the USA they "figured" it out.

Good luck on a lil ol 2 man show! There are more than a half a dozen shops (businesses) I know of that do this (so many more I don't know if too) - they do it for a living every day - so competition is extremely high because of the US demand!!
    1963 Series IIa 109" 5 door Safari top (SOLD to new home)
    1971 Series IIa 88" Soft top (SOLD to new home)
    1995 RRC - LWB
    2001 Discovery II SE7 (SOLD to new home)

Quote Originally Posted by davemacinnh View Post
    also how much to convert to LHD? just an option i want to look into. also german cars are LHD anyone had an experience importing from them?
    England isn't the only place to get Land Rovers, places like Italy have them and LHD too plus they are usually in nicer shape. Italy for example was always a big importer of Defenders- one of LR's biggest markets. http://raycee1234.blogspot.com/2011/...ntry-2009.html
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yorker View Post
    England isn't the only place to get Land Rovers, places like Italy have them and LHD too plus they are usually in nicer shape. Italy for example was always a big importer of Defenders- one of LR's biggest markets. http://raycee1234.blogspot.com/2011/...ntry-2009.html
    Very interesting. I would assume shipping costs would go up from a place like Italy. But def worth a look thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davemacinnh View Post
    I'm not gonna bid on any trucks whenever I do eBay it's straight to "buy it now". I'm not in a rush to do it and I'm not gonna bring over hunks of crap. Take my time do some research and find something good. If I need to be the one to go over and do it turn do be it.
    Zach why was your car in the paper?
    Haha...well it's a Volvo so you know, they HAD to write about it. Other than that..I don't know. This guy at a Volvo meet wanted to have his uncle at the Free Press do an article on it.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales

Quote Originally Posted by derekchace View Post
    10k I hope you mean £ cause any thing for 10k$ is going to be ****. Prices have really been drivin up the last 6 months.
    Depends on who you know I suppose... I'm sure you and I both have privileged connections.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotographer View Post
    Haha...well it's a Volvo so you know, they HAD to write about it. Other than that..I don't know. This guy at a Volvo meet wanted to have his uncle at the Free Press do an article on it.
    That's pretty sweet dude