Thread: Trek 1996 info???Anyone???Pics???

Exclamation Trek 1996 info???Anyone???Pics???

Thought I'd try a different headline...I am looking for anyone out there who has any information, pictures or media pertaining to the 1996 event in Social Circle Georgia... I own number 4 and need to restore it. I also am trying to confirm/document that it was also one of a few used for Camel Trophy Selections the weekend of December 7,8 1996 also in Social Circle Georgia after the Trek event which I believe was in November? Truck then wound up at Land Rover Metro West in Toronto Canada and sold as a demo with 1,800 miles on it in May 1997. Next to nothing is to be found on the web about Trek 1996 or Camel Selections that year. Land Rover Metro West and Charles Hughes (then president of LRNA) told the prior original owner that the truck was used for selections. It has the Trek text missing from the hood logo and the door logos were replaced with Camel Trophy Team USA 1997. It all looks original and aged consistently as if the decals were modified back after the Trek event, no sign whatsoever of the originals where they would have been peeled off.

I have the original winch and brush bar, they just need to be rebuilt/restored/replaced...

Any history, pictures of any of the trucks in event livery or at the event or any other media greatly appreciated!

no help for you but do you happen to know who makes that roof rack?

Safety Devices, but they have not made it for years. Best bet to look for a used one. There are 4 styles... D1 high and low and D2 high and low. The D2 version is longer and will not fit a D1. The high versions allow the use of the sunroofs which most of the racks are. The low versions require removal of the roof bars. This truck does not have sun roofs, but was still fitted with the high version. I have this rack in the D2 version on my D2 also. The most popular flooring method is poultry 2'x4' interlocking plastic flooring from www.farmtek.com awesome stuff. www.voyagerracks.com makes a knock off copy of th SD rack that looks close enough, the mounts are not nearly as strong though. Be aware that the drip rail trim on the D2 interferes with the feet on the SD rack, not a problem if you never intend to remove it. It will bend the aluminum trim as the feet push into it. D1 drip rail trim is plastic and not as wide inside the gutter channel and not an issue. Voyager rack feet are just narrow strap steel and not an issue with the trim.

Tom Collins made a personal phone call to me yesterday and I have received email support from LRNA customer relations, Bob Burns, kris VanNest and Land Rover Northpoint (Mark Hennessy). I have all of the confirmation I need and a invaluable resource of information and documentation. 4 treks were used for selections...The correspondance has been impressive and I am very grateful for the support. Land Rover and Land Rover people ROCK! I will still appreciate any other info from those in the know or other owners of Trek trucks.
    2003 Disco SE7 expedition prepped
    1998 Disco LSE 7 50th anniversary Baluga Black
    1996 Disco XD Trek number 4 and Camel Selections
    1969 Series 2A 109