Tons of recent work, they claim well over $10K with receipts including:

New suspension
    New tires
    New Brakes
    Newer Motor
    Bull bar
    Starter solenoid
    And some other stuff.

I am trying to figure out how much this thing is worth. Obviously there are not a lot of Series II 109s out there to compare with.

Also, this thing was imported about a year ago.

I assume getting it regisered is an easy process........?

If imported 2 years ago, hasn't it already been registered? If so, the reg should be transferable. I guess it would depend on how it was imported and the registration laws of the state(s) concerned.

It is really hard to tell without pics and more details. The 2.25 diesel is kind of a negative, especially in a 109. A 5 door is usually worth a premium over a 3 door or PU though. New Brakes- which brakes? If they were a disc brake conversion they'd add more to the value than freshly changed standard drums. Bull Bar- meh I'd subtract $ for that in most cases.

Check the frame and bulkhead and make sure you testdrive it somewhere that has hills and highways.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

I dont' know if the price is right, but the fact that the truck is a diesel, should not discourage you from buying it. I'd prefer a diesel any day. A diesel has much better fuel economy, and with the higher fuel prices it can only be a plus. It doesn't suffer from fuel starvation when hot, no problems with water when wading, no constant adjusting, full momentum just where you most need it. I have tried owning a petrol as well, and yes the diesel is noisy and a little bit slower, I love diesels and the one I have now is my third Land-Rover Diesel.

We pay around 9$ for one US gallon of gas/petrol in Europe
    Last edited by Lalo88DK; 03-30-2012 at 03:23 AM.

The body and interior are both in pretty good shape.

I guess, I am just trying to get some where close.

are we talking $5k, $10k, $15k $20k, $25K

Is this in Richmond Va area? I know someone with a 109 diesel (not the one pictured) and it's VERY slow.
    04 Disco, Gone-Disco died & so did mine
    '72 S3 88 - Leakey & Squeaky

Quote Originally Posted by bmohan55 View Post
    Is this in Richmond Va area? I know someone with a 109 diesel (not the one pictured) and it's VERY slow.
    No, I am not the one actually looking to buy it.

A buddy of mine is out of state.

this 109 for sale, is it a 5-door?

Quote Originally Posted by Lalo88DK View Post
    I dont' know if the price is right, but the fact that the truck is a diesel, should not discourage you from buying it. I'd prefer a diesel any day. A diesel has much better fuel economy, and with the higher fuel prices it can only be a plus.
    We pay around 9$ for one US gallon of gas/petrol in Europe

We pay less than 1/2 of that here. I like diesels but the 2.25d can really make a useful every day vehicle into a hobby truck here, especially for people who haven't been brought up with Land Rovers. A LR person might put up with it for the sake of owning a neat diesel Land Rover but for your average person today it would ruin the experience. Even when they were new the 2.25ds were unpopular here, fuel is just too cheap and distances are too long. A Stage 1 would be a lot better choice here.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums