Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Series III value

I drive around 15.000 miles a year in my 2,25 Diesel and it's my daily driver. You don't really feel the power difference between the petrol and the diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalo88DK View Post
    I drive around 15.000 miles a year in my 2,25 Diesel and I still disagree. You don't really feel the power difference between the two.
    Between the 2.25p and 2.25d? Then something is seriously wrong with your petrol motor. The 2.25 diesel is a dog in comparison, especially so in a laden 109.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

I dont' agree. Have you owned a 2,25 diesel. 62 bhp and 70 bhp not much of a difference. I have driven other petrols as well and still not much difference, I have no problem in keeping up with the petrols. But we will never agree on this. You prefer gas/petrol I prefer Diesel.

Yes have had/driven both and I prefer diesels, but NOT the 2.25 diesel. Your average American is not going to hop in a 2.25d powered 109 and drive 600 miles to their vacation on I-95 and be happy with the experience. I'm sorry but the 2.25d is an archaic and underpowered lump and the 2.25p is tolerable but just. People here complain about 4.0l Discoveries and RRCs being underpowered. An enthusiast will put up with it because it is a Land Rover diesel and he likes Land Rovers but to the average Joe off the street who is used to modern vehicles the engine will seem like a joke. The 2.25d has never been popular in America and there are some very good reasons for that.

Land Rover UK Forums

I've gone on holiday and driven quite a bit more than 600 miles in a 2,25 diesel, and loved every minute of it. But If it's power you want, then a classic Land-Rover is not for you.

I will not participate more in this thread/forum, this type of discussion is not for me

.... so yea......

can we get this back on topic

Quote Originally Posted by mjbrox View Post
    .... so yea......

can we get this back on topic

Really need more details. New frame? welded up and patched old frame? Bulkhead condition? There are just too many variables out there left unknown. Newer motor or newer rebuild? If it was a rebuild did they go through it all or did they just do the rings? Has the injection pump been overhauled with Viton seals? How many miles are on the truck? Was it a frame off restoration or just done bit here a bit there? Was it restored by a quality shop in the US or slapped together to look good in the uk so it could be foisted off on an unsuspecting American? Reciepts are nice and can be helpful- I have some dating back 4 decades. Makes a cool bit of history for the truck but doesn't always reflect in the current value. It is just super hard to establish a value without seeing such a truck first hand.

Check the frame out,and the firewall aka bulkhead look closely for rust and shoddy repairs/fish plating/bodo and Great Stuff. Look for the same bodges you'd look for on a modern vehicle. Take it for a test drive and make sure all the bits work. Once you report back with more pics etc we could give you a better idea of what it might be worth- even then it is pretty subjective.

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yorker View Post
    Really need more details. New frame? welded up and patched old frame? Bulkhead condition? There are just too many variables out there left unknown. Newer motor or newer rebuild? If it was a rebuild did they go through it all or did they just do the rings? Has the injection pump been overhauled with Viton seals? How many miles are on the truck? Was it a frame off restoration or just done bit here a bit there? Was it restored by a quality shop in the US or slapped together to look good in the uk so it could be foisted off on an unsuspecting American? Reciepts are nice and can be helpful- I have some dating back 4 decades. Makes a cool bit of history for the truck but doesn't always reflect in the current value. It is just super hard to establish a value without seeing such a truck first hand.

Check the frame out,and the firewall aka bulkhead look closely for rust and shoddy repairs/fish plating/bodo and Great Stuff. Look for the same bodges you'd look for on a modern vehicle. Take it for a test drive and make sure all the bits work. Once you report back with more pics etc we could give you a better idea of what it might be worth- even then it is pretty subjective.

Hell if I know. here is the link http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2861981125.html

Going to go look at it this weekend. I think $16k is a bit high

That link is for:
    "1997 Land Rover Discovery XD - $11500 (Central Austin)"

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    That link is for:
    "1997 Land Rover Discovery XD - $11500 (Central Austin)"
    woops, that guys is smoking crack. No one will pay that for a crappy old disco. I dont care what color it is

anyway, here is the 109 http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/2926426443.html