Hi All,
I am at the tail end of my 1983 Defender 110 LHD Doublecab . I've been at it since thanksgiving 2010. She has a spanking new paintjob in Bonatti grey,2.5 TurboDiesel which starts at a touch.Bulkhead, chassis, and body are great. Custom interior, New quad bucket seats. New carpet. New procomps,Nice tires. mmmm Shinny!!!
I am torn whether to use these rims or a shinny(not new) set of D1 rims, The tires on these rims are new, tires on the d1 rims are fair to middlin and what a pain if all the tires had to be swapped and rebalanced. There is a bit of black paint on the rims because I couldn't decide whether to leave the rims white or paint them black so whoever buys it has a choice which color on the rims. I have the d1' rims earmarked for my new toy(Diesel 2 door Rangie Classic)I'm missing some miscellaneous odds and ends to finish which are on their way from the UK and then I'll be able to hang the door cards re-key the doors and finish the interior. I have the cards, and the headliner is being recovered as we speak.
She also has a popup sunroof and new weatherstripping on all the doors. Also a triple cored heater which keeps things toasty. If you are near Luray Caverns in Virginia you can come on over and see it. I am enclosing pics but it is kind of dusty and still missing some inside trim. Yes it will be complete in a few weeks, yes it has a Virginia title, yes you can drive it home(when I'm done with the clips and things).I got the rear tub conversion from Stephen. You can email me at cptspider@gmail.com. Please no haters, or forum trolls. Asking 35k
cheers,