Thread: Metal Canister Fuel Float Sender

Default Metal Canister Fuel Float Sender

Does anyone have the metal canister type fuel sender, as used in the positive earth early Series IIA, they are willing to part with for a reasonable price? I'm looking for the canister which acts as the float only. I don't need the rest of the sender. My current sender is electrically fine as the gauge level is correct, but the canister has developed some pinholes and is not liquid tight. I filled in the holes with solder and nickel plated the float. The problem is one end cap has rusted and I made it worse trying to cover the holes with brazing. So even if you have a canister that's in bad shape even if it has one good cap I can you it. They are relatively easy to disassemble as its only soldered together. Thanks.

Try finding a float from some other fuel level assembly and adapt it. It doesn't have to be exact, it just has to float. I've used metal ones for Chevy Novas that I had on hand, and even a plastic one.

'95 R.R. Classic LWB
    '76 Series III Hybrid 109
    '70 Rover 3500S