Thread: Flood damaged rovers

Default Flood damaged rovers

I"ve seen a couple of these online for sale. Anyone know if it's worth pursuing? I'm looking for one I can work on and kit out myself. What should I watch out for?

Mold, rust on electrical connections....replace all fluids. Replace Ecu's etc!

Many that are going to be listed online right now are from New York or New Jersey and due to Sandy. These were flooded with salt water and the only way I would buy one of these is if I were planning to do a complete restoration. All the electrical will need to be replaced, engine rebuilt, radiator replaced, etc. Hope you get it really cheap!

From some experience: we had a truck get flooded in the storm of 1991. We washed and cleaned it a few days after. It was constantly in need of work and only made it about 6 more years. Salt water is very unforgiving!