Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Forum Look

Default New Forum Look

Initially wasn't impressed. Was surfing site with my cell phone. Once I got logged on, it was much better. Works much better when using my phone for looking at thumbnail photos now.
    No real big stumbling blocks, like the new look. Now I'll have to practice loading pics.. That will be my big technical "challenge".
    Where's the forum header pic taken?

How about tapatalk for android devices?

Default New forum feedback

Some feedback.

1. The forum titles point size should be bigger then author point size.

2. On iOS5.1, the mobile forum site is usable. Content is all shifted to right. On full site, again on ios5.1, the full site is usable, but one cannot see their cursor in the text editor when replying to a thread.

3. Would love what's new button to be more prominent

4. Would not mind automatically see RN ads especially on right and contextual to thread

Over all seems good

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have mentioned Tapatalk friendliness in the past, but there didn't seem to be a huge interest. I will research this possibility. I will also see if we can do keyword related ads on the sides. Possibly if things were mentioned like winches, bars, raised air intakes, and many others; we would have a small ad popped up with a link to that department. In the end, we are doing all of this for the end user which is all of you. We want all of you active members to find ease in using and enjoying the forum. I am a very active member of a Volvo forum in which there is quite a bit more issues brought on by young members, I do not see this on here. We at RN are very happy with the members we have on here, and want to do whatever we can for you to make the experience better. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Zack
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Zack,
    I find the new look for the forum to be very nice, and user friendly as well. But as mentioned above, the "What's New" button could be more prominent. As for posting issues, I don't post much here, I mostly read, I'll never be what you would call a very active member of the forum, so have not found any issues to report so far in that aspect. I try only to post when I actually have something to ask or say. but over all I like the new site.

For whatever reason, this style (PureVB's Simple Idea) displays fine on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers, but doesn't function properly with Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0.6 (my default browser). I don't know if I'm alone, but here's what I see using IE. Note the twitter/facebook buttons inaccessible under the navbar and the My profile/Settings/Logout buttons inaccessible under search input box on the green login bar:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6936749064_35fce227d6_z.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	155.1 KB 
ID:	6221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6936749064_35fce227d6_c.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	6222  
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by VTBKRDS View Post
    Initially wasn't impressed. Was surfing site with my cell phone. Once I got logged on, it was much better. Works much better when using my phone for looking at thumbnail photos now.
    No real big stumbling blocks, like the new look. Now I'll have to practice loading pics.. That will be my big technical "challenge".
    Where's the forum header pic taken?
    Header background photo: Land Rover Media UK
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
    For whatever reason, this style (PureVB's Simple Idea) displays fine on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers, but doesn't function properly with Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0.6 (my default browser). I don't know if I'm alone, but here's what I see using IE. Note the twitter/facebook buttons inaccessible under the navbar and the My profile/Settings/Logout buttons inaccessible under search input box on the green login bar:

Thanks for the heads up Mark, we will be looking into this.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the heads up. I have fixed the layering problem with the share links. The problem with the green menu is nearly indescribable.. I have no idea why IE 9 is rendering the menu in this manor - the coding is very clean. Oddly it looks fine in IE 8 (which I test with, as it usually has the majority of IE oddities).

As a general note, IE is infamous for display problems, I highly recommend using any of the other browsers. Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Graham L

Thanks for the tip. We are now listed on Tapatalk.

Cheers,

Graham L