Thread: What's going on?

Default What's going on?

I have acquired a P38 (1999) and it had a KM odometer and speedometer in but this has been swapped over for a mile one (but this has not been registered with the computer) but now the vehicle will not start.

Put the key in, turn it and the solenoid just clicks away like it would if the battery was flat.

Even with a 40amp starter booster on it it doesnt want to do anything but click.

Is it the new odometer that is making the vehicle think it is being stolen and it has gone into lock down?? or is it just the starter that is jammed?

The vehicle really needs to have a fully fault code check/clear but if I cannot get it started I cannot even begin to get it the 60 miles to the dealer for checking/clearing and since one of the other problems is the airride doesnt want to inflate that is not a prospect (driving on the interstate at 35kph/20mph for 60 miles) that I even want to have nightmares about!

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Paul

if it clicks, chances are it is not inmobilized, but rather a starte issue, as soon as it runs it may begin to raise as eas needs to see an rpm signal in order to operate... if issues persists with eas check out "rsw solutions"

Thanks Phoenix, I am thinking it is a Starter issue too - see my new thread!

Turns out it was mainly a duff battery!

So, does anyone have a Rovacom kit they would loan out so I can figure out now what is going on with the EAS system please? I have a Rovacom system for my 1989 but this is a 1990 and it is as 65 mile drive to the nearest RR Dealer ... at 25mph I dont relish that!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBarrow View Post
    Turns out it was mainly a duff battery!

So, does anyone have a Rovacom kit they would loan out so I can figure out now what is going on with the EAS system please? I have a Rovacom system for my 1989 but this is a 1990 and it is as 65 mile drive to the nearest RR Dealer ... at 25mph I dont relish that!

Paul
    rswsolutions.com, it has become the air ride eqipped rover owner's best friend....

Cool website - thank you. I will certainly avail myself of his Airride EAS module and also get a cable and the software from him - much better than the $000s for a Rovacom P38!