Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrafirma DII Bumper

There are 4 versions of the new front bumpers. The Terrafirma comes with swivel recovery points or without(can add later if you'd like). The Proline versions either come with fog lights built in(fluted glass) or with spot lights(clear lens). The Proline rear bumper(pictured below) comes like you see, and the Terrafirma come with or without swivel recovery points(can be added separately).
    Here's the new Proline rear bumper(install was a breeze, can be done with 2 people from start to finish in less than an hour).
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

I like what I see. Good to have nice photos to show off the products. Questions:

What's up with the hitch receiver?
    And can we see more from the top side?

Hitch receiver was there when I bought the truck, not sure the brand but definitely not Genuine. I will upload a shot today of the topside.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales

Here is a photo of the top of the bumper, let me know if you need more angles.

Cheers,
    ZG
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales

That looks very nice, really like it. How about one of the front end?

Ya, let me know and post a picture... Tacticalrovers is the only one I know of right now that builds a rear D2 bumper with quarter protection. My only complaint on it is it is so slim that they have to use D1 rear bumper lights. With my southdown skid and factory hitch, there is no benefit to a rock crawler style bumper. I'm keeping the step since I have a need to access my ladder and rack a lot. What I want is somthing like your bumper, but extends L channel down to the wheel arch with a cross brace to the frame. Trimming the quarters up an inch or two is completely acceptable and actually preferred.
    2003 Disco SE7 expedition prepped
    1998 Disco LSE 7 50th anniversary Baluga Black
    1996 Disco XD Trek number 4 and Camel Selections
    1969 Series 2A 109

Here's a photo of the front, but I had my old bumper on.

Trek- I get what you're saying, I agree with you. The DII overhang is really bad, I've hit my receiver a few times. I will keep an eye out for what you're looking for.

I'm awaiting my ARB bar, so the bar you see is close to gone.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales

Ya, it's really a weak point. If I do not find anything I'll make my own starting with 2x4 channel and go from there. It will take a little bit to get the correct angles and finish it nice. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade so I'll make something work, Just babies and work take up nearly all of my time these days...I will be cutting 2-3 inches off the quarters for more clearance though. Trek Outfitters had what I would have used...My design will be similar.
    You opted for the ARB I think you'll be happy with it. The 8" Safari lamps just fit if you elongate the mounting holes forward an inch. They work as good as the 1000 and 4000 I've had. 500s on the roof are a bit weak, but I just need ambient light offroad for crawling trails. I do not have a need to reach out 1/2 mile going 5-10mph in the woods. Desert racing-you'd want HIDs...So I really do not see the expense in 4000s on the roof if you have a good pair on the bumper that get out there. Let me know if you run across a rer bumper with quarter protection. I may also just buy a bumper and add L channel with struts to do the same. Depends on how much work I want to do.
    I bet you drag on that hitch. Wonder why the original is missing. They were welded on RRC and D1 and bolted on the D2. I thought all NAS D2 had the hitch mounted. Swap hitches and you'll have more clearance.
    2003 Disco SE7 expedition prepped
    1998 Disco LSE 7 50th anniversary Baluga Black
    1996 Disco XD Trek number 4 and Camel Selections
    1969 Series 2A 109

I have dragged several times on the hitch, but it's a very structurally sound hitch, and hasn't warped or even dented when I've dropped the rear on a rock(muddy rocky trails). I would like the the better departure angle, but I also really like the extra protection. I will let you know if I find anything. Also, let me know if you fab something, I'd like to see it.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales