Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water in passenger footwell, Disco II

thumb-up continued 3...

continued 3...on to the passenger side nipple.

Yet I've gone past my quota so it looks like I won't be able to upload the driver's side nipple - but I guess this gets the point thru.

Question Watertight cabin, not so watertight.

Now that I've cleared out my clogged nipples, I have one HUGE question - How does having a condensate drain below the floor boards and open to below make the cabin anywhere near watertight when traversing fjords, waterways, and all that mud???

Answer - it doesn't.

Perhaps I should look into temporarily plugging those drains from the inside when I plan on taking it through deep water and plan on NOT using the a/c during those water crossings, unless I remember to remove plugs or perhaps there's a way to temporarily connect the drains to a holding container during the trip.

Any thoughts???

thumb-up

Thanks for the photos. It really helped me greatly to do same troubleshooting - wet carpets in summer days.
    Disco II, 2000, 90K mi, Northern NJ - http://www.mysaab900.com/gallery/Discovery_2000/

kh500 - You're welcome on the photos! I find them worth a lot more than words alone. I ended up taking out all of the seats, the amplifier, the cd changer, the center console, and finally the carpets...and yes all of my water worries were coming from the condensation drain from the a/c at the footwells as I suspected. I have photos of that entire process as well is anyone needs to see additional pics.

Now I just have to figure out a fix so that it doesn't happen again after a day of driving in mud.