Thread: Audio and power feed to power amplifier/woofer unit 1998 vs 1999

Default Audio and power feed to power amplifier/woofer unit 1998 vs 1999

I am trying to get this 1999 P38 up and running again for the owner and the power amp and woofer had been taken out by a previous owner. I got one from a 1998 P38 only to find that the 1999 cable has a box end and the 1998 had a round DIN cable/socket system.

Does anyone know the pin out and wiring arrangement? If I were to chop the box end off the 1999 cable would the wire colors be the same as on the round DIN pin such that I could splice the wires?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBarrow View Post
    I am trying to get this 1999 P38 up and running again for the owner and the power amp and woofer had been taken out by a previous owner. I got one from a 1998 P38 only to find that the 1999 cable has a box end and the 1998 had a round DIN cable/socket system.

Does anyone know the pin out and wiring arrangement? If I were to chop the box end off the 1999 cable would the wire colors be the same as on the round DIN pin such that I could splice the wires?

Paul
    the 12 volt dot com should be able to point you right...

What is the full URL please?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBarrow View Post
    What is the full URL please?

Paul
    "the12volt.com" that is it , a very simple url

Thanks

I have signed up and am awaiting clearance to post in their forums now.

Well I posted a question on the12volt.com asking for help the next day ... and the reply ... well I am still waiting for it 2 weeks later so they werent much good.

Is there any one else out there that can answer the question of "Does anyone know the pin out and wiring arrangement of the round pin as used on the 1998 Power Amplifier on a RRR P38 versus the box pin used on the 1999? If I were to chop the box end off the 1999 cable would the wire colors be the same as on the round DIN pin such that I could splice the wires?"

All replies are appreciated. Thanks

Paul

Further enquiries with the good folk at Roverville.com though have yielded results.

Apparently I have the late 1999 Alpine wired system and it will not be an easy job to wire up a Clarion so I now will be looking for a new(er) Clarion unit!