Thread: A common problem: GEMS throttle hesitation and rumbling

Default A common problem: GEMS throttle hesitation and rumbling

The problem of D1's having the rumbling and throttle hesitation (especially at highway speeds) seems to be talked about a lot here. I have had this problem in all my GEMS rovers and I found this site very helpful.

http://www.fourfold.org/LR_FAQ/Disco...e.Problem.html
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten should not even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back"

So I may just be spit balling here but I was having both of these problems with my disco and I found out (unfortunately the hard way) that the hesitation can be two things; A: The TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) which if you replaced it might not be in the correct position therefore there would be a delay between hitting the gas pedal and acceleration. B: The Transmission Kick-Down and Throttle Cables may need to be tightened. As for the rumble I've heard that the Speed Transducer is a very likely culprit as well as aging or effectively dead U-Joints on one or both Prop-Shafts. Please correct me if I'm incorrect (that way if I made a mistake I can fix it). Have a good one!