I am in the process of installing new leaf spring on my 71 slll. The old pair do not have enough lift in them to keep the rover level when I hook up my utility camping trailer. I have done alot of searching for the best method to keep dirt out of them and prevent rusting. Some threads suggest wd40, old engine oil, teflon tape between the leaves, wrapping them after lubrication (with leather or canvas, ala rolls royce). no lubrication, painting them. por 15, etc.. I wanted something I could use that excluded water, prevented rust, was slippery,and wouldn't hold dirt. I thought I would share with you what I've decided to do. there is a DUPONT product called "chain saver" it uses teflon and molybedelum (sp?) to lubricate and a wax carrier that repells water and salt, safe for use on rubber, will be dry after application. I will seperate the leaves before application. this product has a large following with motorcycle racers an other off road folks. seems to be the answer I was looking for, dry and slippery, repells water etc. Home depot sell the non-spray in a 5 ounce bottle. but didn't carry the spray version with the wax carrier in a spray can. ended up ordering it from the local harley davidson dealer,$ 6.99 a can. you may have better luck finding the spray version locally, as I live in fairbanks AK. so have limited access to multiple retailers and inventories. so if your thinking about greasing up you leaves give this stuff a try, like slippery waxoil..any addition input will be considered, but not nessisarily followed, rove on,over 40 years driving the same rover. ROVE ON, bobzinak..