Thread: 1969 NADA dashboard ID plate placement ?

Default 1969 NADA dashboard ID plate placement ?

Title says it all. My truck came w/its ID plate in a cardboard box and I want to get it mounted in the correct place. I cannot find any interior shots of unmolested LHD series rovers. My gut feeling is that it should be centrered on a body-color, medium width dash panel, which should be mounted directly to the right of the instrument panel. Sound right? My inst panel and oilpressure gauge/ashtray panels are black BTW..

Anyone with a pic or placement idea?

thanks!
    ~Steve

She's molested but the chassis # plate installation is correct.
    Name:  109dash.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  105.3 KB

Steve: Look on your dash at the spot where greenmeanie's plate is attached - the holes for your plate should be there - assuming the metal backing hasn't been replaced at some point.

Ted

BINGO!! the holes are there. great. thanks for the pic and tip!!!!!!

What threw me off is that on my truck, there was a body color dash panel to the right of my instrument panel, with a Warn locking hubs sticker on it. (I've got warn hubs) The PO had, in a box, another body color dash panel, with a bunch of holes drilled in it with the ID plate riveted to it.

So now the questions are...
    Why would a PO remove the ID plate from the factory location?
    Did the truck come with Warn hubs, and did the dealer add the dashplate as a place for the Warn sticker?

thanks again
    ~Steve

PO's do mysterious things - many of which can never be explained.

Question: Is the other VIN plate still in the driver's door jamb? If so, it would be good if the numbers matched.......

Mine is/was on the flat area next to the Smith's (round) heater, just above the instruction plate. It was on a padded bulkhead ( Deluxe SW )