Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Birmabright Brotherhood is back!

Default The Birmabright Brotherhood is back!

Name:  bb.jp.jpg
Views: 3897
Size:  68.2 KB

For those of you are not familiar with the Brotherhood, it is a list of Land Rover owners that are willing and able to help fellow Land Rover owners in the event of a breakdown or other emergency while traveling far from home.

We are not prejudice with our Brothers; we accept all makes and models of Land Rovers.

What it is not, however, is a bulletin board, message board, classified ad space or chat room...There are lots of other places for that sort of thing. What it is, simply and profoundly, is a list of members that are willing to help fellow members in their time of need.
    We have tried to make this your one stop go to shop for all your Land Rover traveling needs.
    What are you waiting for?

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Last edited by crankin; 07-17-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Is it a cult?

No more than ColumbUS.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Touche. Great job on the website though! Looks fantastic!

Cool

Sounds great...I'm game.

I've driven across the continent multiple times in my venerable rover, both the US route and the Canadian route....and have completed numerous forays into thr Yukon Territory and the Nortwrst Territories, so I'd learned early on that road trips in a vintage Rover can turn first to an excursion and finally to a nearly biblical odyssey. Multiple breakdowns often become catalytic to such odyssey-like proportions.

Anyway, I've found that while on road trips, Series Rovers seem.bb to 'collect' other Series owners or former owners who, when they see a
    an old rover on the side of the road with its owner's head under the hood, are willing to syop and lend a hand in any way they can. I've been under the hood on various sides of roads in many different circumstances, such comes with the ownership (truly more like a marriage) of a forty-plus year old vehicle, and I've been helped by countless present and former rover pepple...even to the extant of been offered their spare room or yard for camping in while repairs are underway.UT

Thus, the Vintage Series rover family goes far beyond the obligstory hand wave.

I find- however, that Discovery/Range Rover owners that have no Series vehicles nor ever did, are automatically excluded from the vintage rover-driving 'family', as they drive entirely different vehicles of comfort and have no concept of the tribulations and also incredible joy of vintage Series rover travel...I don't really have a problem with such exclusion- and would never expect a wave from a Disco or Rangie owner, unless like many HERE, they also own a Series.

But so many of the others, those Disco/Range Rover owners who aren't part of these forums, are completely oblivious to a Series rover or even a Defender, and wouldn't know one from a Ford Explorer.

But for those of us that are automatically part of The Family by way of vntage Rover travel, a list of like-minded vintage Rover owners in various regions is a great advantage....I've kept my own such 'cross-country' lists for for years!!!
    Last edited by Alaskan Rover; 06-13-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    1970 Series IIA 88".,...the REAL Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Quote Originally Posted by amcordo View Post
    Touche. Great job on the website though! Looks fantastic!
    Thanks Tony!

Birmabright Brotherhood

Application done for me.

On G&R, grill badges look like they're being made up..

http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/s...herhood/page14

What I am planning on doing is let the membership grow a bit...Then I will send out a big mass mail to the members announcing that we have grille badges and we will do a pre-order on them.

Birmabright Brotherhood

sounds good to me. theres not much around here...ask anyone who traveled the oregon/california trail ;-)
    1973 Series III 88. "PHYDXO"