Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance?

Default Insurance?

I know we've been through this before, but I can't seem to find it.

So who do you guys use and what are the rates?

I looked on Hagerty's website and they say that they don't insure any offroad or camping vehicles.

My current issurer doesn't even list 66 or 67 Land Rovers.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Your options depend on what state you live in, of course. I did some research on this a few months back and ultimately found I really didn't have any options, as the speciality vehicle insurers won't insure Land Rovers if they are being used in the manner they are intended to be. I ended up having to use my regular insurer, same as my daily driver.

Oh,

I forgot to mention that I'm only interested in liability.

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

Default Metlife Auto

I use Met Life regular car insurance and have had no problems with them (no accidents either). It's listed as a second car (not primary driver) and only costs a few hundred every 6 months.

On another note, the 1974 lightweight is registered with antique plates and for anyone else in CT, you should know that this cut my annual taxes all the way down to about $30. The 1966 109 has regular plates and costs me closer to $100.

Either way, I could have a whole fleet of series rovers and the taxes would be cheaper than on the A6 I had. What a money pit that thing was.

Cheers.

I'm w/ State Farm for all my vehicles (and homeowners, too), can't remember what the breakdown on the premium is off the top of my head to tell you specifically about the Series, but it's not a lot... given that they factor in the limited number of miles it sees a year...
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

Default Insurance

I register both of my Land Rovers as daily cars and one has a stated insured value, courtesy of an appraiser. Concord General is the insurance company and I've had no problems.
    Jeff Aronson
    Vinalhaven, ME 04863
    '66 Series II-A SW 88"
    '66 Series II-A HT 88"
    '80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
    '80 Triumph Spitfire
    '66 Corvair Monza Coupe
    http://www.landroverwriter.com

make sure you insure for stated value,otherwise they will give what the going price by what the book says and that ain't much,just ask me...
    they will require a pic or two. it will cost alittle more but i think its worthit..

My Rover is insured through Hagerty without any issues, and they never asked how I was using it (but mine hasn't been off-road in a long, long time).

I have mine covered by grundy's classic car insurance, the rate are very good. check out there web site www.grundy's.com

Thanks, guys.