Thread: Steering hard......

Default Steering hard......

Hello all,

My wife got home in the 03 Disco today (42K miles).....she said it became difficult to steer sometimes on her way home. So I drove it down the driveway, and it was indeed difficult, specificallly when turning right. It almost felt like something was blocking the mechanisms below.....

Got it back up the driveway, jacked up the front and had her turn the wheels slowly left to right many times while I observed.

Nothing appeared loose, nothing appeared off. Power steering pump was replaced a year ago and it is full and working fine, I think.

While turning the wheels with me under it, she mentionned the hardness had gone.

I took it back up and down the driveway and it was gone.

Any ideas what it might have been? Likely to come back, I'm sure.....

Thanks,
    Julian
    Julian
    72 Series III NAS
    03 Disco
    04 Freelander (sold, but still running strong)
    2011 LR2 (Fuji White/Tan....per the wife )
    65 MGB / 73 MGBGT
    71 RHD Hillman Super Imp

I would do a p/s flush, then re-evaluate the system, it is possible your new 1yr old pump is begining to fail.
    was the system flushed when this pump was installed?, if not you may have residues from the old failure creeping it self to cause a similar failure.
    if it does come down to having to replace this unit I would request the tech to flush the system not just a fluid replacement.