Thread: Disco II VIN Look-up?

Default Disco II VIN Look-up?

Hey all,

I'm looking to purchase a Disco II after having owned 4 Series Land Rovers. My preferance is for an '03 or '04 with the 4.6 engine. I've heard there were some issues with the early '03 production, perhaps oil pump related that causes engines to over-heat and fail early? Also, does anyone know where to look up VIN and production info specific to Land Rovers, a registry that has details specific to certain runs?

Thank you for any information or advice!

Byron
    Vista, CA

Hey all, after a couple weeks research I've definately decided that I will only purchase an '04 Disco with the 4.6 engine and center lock diff. My plan is to build my ultimate XD model with Old Man Emu springs, ARB air lockers and bumper with winch and a flat style full roof rack that will haul sheets of plywood or drywall as well as my Stand Up Paddleboards.

And now the search begins for the lowest miles, rust free '04 Discovery (hopefully an SD) I can find!

Byron
    Vista, CA

PS: Something like this!

Name:  04 Disco XD.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  102.5 KB
    Last edited by byrondesign; 07-01-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Double posted picture

Hey Byron,

As far as the locking diffs, I haven't heard anything bad about the ARB kit; but Ashcroft's model hasn't had a single failure to date. We will be carrying both soon.

Cheers,
    ZG
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed