Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1972 SIII 109, $11,000 - SOLD!

Default 1972 SIII 109, $11,000 - SOLD!

Well, I really hate to see it go but I am being stationed across the country and keeping the Rover is just not going to work.

What I have is a 72 SIII 109 regular with 54,000 miles on it. Color is marine blue. I have owned it barely a year and have put quite a bit of time and money into it.

-RHD
    -2.25L gas
    -What appears to be a reconditioned transmission/transfer case
    -Solid frame (really)
    -Newer parabolic spring/OME shocks
    -5 Interco Trxs MTs with only 4k on them
    -Was resprayed about 5 years ago by previous owner

The following has happened in the past 10 months:

-Exmor Trim tan soft top with new galvenized hoodsticks
    -Trakkers high back seats
    -Tuffy console
    -RN Floor mats
    -2 new inward facing D90 style rear seats
    -New Weber 34ICH carb
    -Pertronix Ignitor replaced points
    -Bosch alternator
    -High torque starter
    -clutch slave
    -rear limiting straps
    -Speedo cable
    -Hi Lift jack
    -Brake master cylinder
    -Windshield washer pump/arms and blades
    -Rocky mountain galvenized grill (Have plastic original with RN muff for cold weather)
    -Brakes, clutch adjusted
    -More small stuff Im forgetting...

I bought this vehicle from a private collector in NH. His full time mechanic did a considerable amount of work. Since I've had it this vehicle has been serviced by a well known LR shop in the Burlington area. When I bought it I had it gone through bumper to bumper. ALL fluids changed, bulbs, hoses, plug wires, belts, and a bunch of seals were replaced. This vehicle is a good driver with a few corrosion issues. Mostly the dissimilar metal issues (starting at the bottom of the doors and with the tub supports). This truck does not have the Salsbury rear end, it has a Rover style. It will cruise on the highway at 60 mph no problem. Yes, it lags on the hills.

I do not know much more than what I've posted about the history of this vehicle. I have a mountain of receipts. I also have a couple extras to go with including Euro plates, the 3 "deluxe" lowback seats and a hardtop with full rear door and all the hardware.

This vehicle does burn and leak (from a brand new pan gasket!) a little bit of engine oil. It also weeps 90 wt from various places. Despite my best efforts I cannot seal it all up 100%.

To sum it up, I drove this vehicle from Burlington, VT to Falmouth, MA and back and I would do it again. Here's another amazing statement for an unrestored series...EVERYTHING WORKS (really).

Respectfully, I am not interested in trades and I cannot help with shipping.

Call 781 696 5938 (before 9 pm please). My name is Ross. Vehicle is located in Essex Junction, VT.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1134.jpg 
Views:	753 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	6971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1132.jpg 
Views:	855 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	6972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1120.jpg 
Views:	819 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	6973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	306453_585311929778_173700587_32622734_1393951645_n.jpg 
Views:	824 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	6974
    Last edited by Ross72SIII; 08-25-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    No, its not a Jeep...update, actually it is for right now. I am temporarily Rover-less.

1972 SIII 109-sold

Forgot... Mt. Mansfield heater
    No, its not a Jeep...update, actually it is for right now. I am temporarily Rover-less.

1972 SIII 109-sold

10th mountain Shout out, Does the 109 also "Climb to Glory"

You bet it does. It also plays the 10th MTN DIV Song when the proper wires are crossed. It will only do that for a 2-22 or 1-87 guy though. It wont even start for one of those Ft. Polk people...It discriminates.

1972 SIII 109-sold

Price reduction...$11,000.

Please gentlemen, Im a motivated but not desperate seller, serious inquiries only. This vehicle is going on Ebay if it doesnt sell here in the somewhat near future.

1972 SIII 109-sold

Make them transport it for you. We transfered from MT to Bragg and they shipped my 88. They also shipped it WY this last go round.
    1973 Series III 88. "PHYDXO"

Yes, with a PCS move I could have it transported. Honestly I wont have the time to wrench or deal with it, Ill be in schoolhouse mode for the next 2.5 years. My last post was open to interpretation, what I meant to say was, "stop calling me and offering me 5K for it, then telling me Im a fool for not taking it". I dont have time for that kind of crap, thats why I posted it on here first.

1972 SIII 109-sold

I feel your pain and wish I had the funds and a place to keep her....I'd jump faster than 5-jump chump.

All the best with the sale too.
    1973 Series III 88. "PHYDXO"

Dont know if you have been to Ebay recently to look at what the SIII's are going for or not. Lots of inflated prices and not much movement.

GLWS
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

Yes, I've been looking around at whats for sale. Lots of stuff with fresh $500 paint jobs which are most likely in terrible shape, mechanically at least, are selling for 5K more than they should and messing things up. Unless I get cash in my hand in the next few weeks Im keeping the truck. I can wrestle some stuff out of one of my fathers garages and leave it for a few years.

1972 SIII 109-sold