Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearing out

Default Clearing out

Unfortunately due to time, money, and overreaching I think I need to sell of my rover projects. Like happens to many of us...1 rover project turns into a pile.

The first truck is a 73 Series III 88" wheel base. I pulled the entire thing apart and found a repairable IIA frame to replace the completely toast Ser III one. All the rust was cut from the frame and repaired and then sealed with hand painted POR 15. While it is not concours quality it is solid and will be a good frame to play on for quite a while. I removed the leaf springs and hand grinded every single leaf, then painted with black POR 15, and reassembled so that the springs actually flex. The stock drive train is mounted back on the chassis along with a new exhaust and the chassis is rolling on axles.

repairing the chassis

Chassis with drive train bolted on:

I have a Series IIA bulkhead all repaired and painted with the appropriate Blue PPG paint as well as a brand new painted radiator support. The vent panels are also painted along with the front frame cover. Truck will come with everything to reassemble as well as a soft top and soft top frame. The brake lines still need to be run along with new clutch lines. The body can then go on and assembly finished.

Would like $5000 for this lot. Come take a look, make a reasonable offer. No room for trades right now and I am not going to ship this...too much work at this point.

The second truck is a shortened Disco 1 chassis rolling on 33" BFG mud terrain tires. The chassis was properly shortened to 88" to build a hybrid. Comes with fenders, a hood, tub, sides, roof, rear door, front doors, but no bulkhead or drive train.

Cutting the frame:

Mock up with body parts and custom bulkheas (top of rusted out series III with square stock door posts)

I think I also have the steering column and the steering box for this truck.

$4000.

I have a range rover that was a potential chassis/axle donor. it has a running 3.5 v8 but its not ever going to see the road again. I have pulled a few parts off it but it still has the aluminum rims, the steering box etc...a decent chassis. Its worth scrap value right now.

Sent ya a pm on this...
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

Nice 914 in the back ground! Are those flare glass or steel?
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Quote Originally Posted by I Leak Oil View Post
    Nice 914 in the back ground! Are those flare glass or steel?
    Fiberglass I believe. iirc that car has a 350 v8 in it and was a customers car that never got settled up on the bill. This is a friends shop...he builds race cars and other custom contraptions for a living. He did the chassis work for me and he does roll cages for people. He built a hayabusa powered tube frame hillclimb/track car for himself along with all sorts of other crazy devices. good fun.

Hi

I was wondering if you might still have your disco / series project still for sale?

Thanks for your time
    Dan

Do you still have these projects for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Do you still have these projects for sale?

Haven't checked in for a while...yes everything is still for sale. the many of the parts for the Series truck are in storage but not hard to get out at. The chassis and bigger body parts are stored at a friends place at the moment.

Would you be interested in selling the heater parts for the Series?

Quote Originally Posted by Partsman View Post
    Would you be interested in selling the heater parts for the Series?
    what exactly are you looking for? I have quite a few parts kicking around and might have some spares.

I'm looking for a Mark IV distribution box, and the heater core box that goes under the hood in the engine bay.