Thread: Looking for LT95 gears

Default Looking for LT95 gears

Hello,

I am looking for the stock ratio high range transfer case gears from an FC101. I have a Stage 1 with a lower high range output ratio than the 101, 1.336 to be exact; I would like to go a little taller for highway drive-ability. If you have swapped out the high range gears out your LT95 with the popular Range Rover 0.996 ratio, I am interested in your 1.174 ratio gears if they are serviceable. If you are willing to sell, please send me a PM with your asking price.

Thank you
    1982 Stage 1 ExMOD
    2001 Discovery II SD

You are looking for
    Intermediate gear high range FRC1798
    Output gear high range FRC1797

If our hosts don't have them then PA Blanchards in the UK do.

I checked before posting, RN does not have a source for the gears I am looking for. Thank you for the part numbers; I'll check with PA Blanchards if I have no luck with a stateside search.
    1982 Stage 1 ExMOD
    2001 Discovery II SD

Exit 105 off the parkway on the jersey shore

Try N K recovery in the UK as well.

I have a complete lt95 from an 83 110 with 62,714 miles I'd like to sell. How do you determine the gearing on an lt95 ? Serial number or is there a tag somewhere ?
    DividingCreekImports.com
    Tdi 130 Crew Cab x2
    110 V8 5 door

If it is original then it'll be 1.34:1 for high ratio. Of course there are a myriad of different options for the LT95 with 1.34 at one end and .9962 at the other and it is a common trick to swap them for better road manners. The only way to be absolutely sure is to pull the bottom plate and start counting teeth or put the gearbox in 4th (1:1 ratio) and spin the input for a 100 or so turns and then count the output flange turns.

Doug -

The easiest way to tell what gears you have is to pull the xfer case lower cover and just count the gear-teeth.

Practice your Dutch and look at this web site.

http://www.vislandrovers.nl/modules....e=Revisiedelen
    Firemanshort
    1980 Stage One
    (Past owner of 1973 Series III - Highlander)