Thread: Buying LR parts from US dealers

Unhappy Buying LR parts from US dealers

I'm having a bad day

Allmakes just sold British Pacific to Atlantic British. The British Pacific web site is now gone and www.britishpacific.com now points to http://www.roverparts.com which is the Atlantic British web site. BP is moving into what will be a shared building with AB people and AB inventory. And this week would be a good time to go dumpster diving at the old BP location as Allmakes is shipping some of the BP inventory to the UK, some to the new AB/BP building and some to the dumpster (no moving sales I already asked)

I browsed the AB web site for the first time in years and discovered that it is almost impossible to find a Series part.

Rovers North just brought up a new store site and it hangs for me during loading with the content inside the frames never appearing (Firefox 16.0.2 for Mac).

No BP web site, No Rovers North store web site and a really, really bad Atlantic British store web site.

Being in the West, British Pacific has always been my primary parts source with Rovers North as my secondary backup for when BP is out of stock. Arrrgg I really did not want to go shopping for new US based suppliers.

Hopefully the day will get better.

Hi TeriAnn,

Thanks for your note about an issue loading our new store front with Firefox - please give me a call 1-800-403-7591 x245, I am certain I can get you up and running as I am also using this version of Firefox on my mac without trouble.

All the best,

Graham Letorney
    Website Dev Team Leader

Rovers North Inc.
    1319VT. Rt.128
    Westford, Vermont
    USA 05494-9601
    ph: 800-403-7591 x245
    direct line: 802-662-8045
    fx: 802-879-9152
    www.roversnorth.com
    The Source for Classic Land Rover Parts
    Last edited by RN Graphics; 11-19-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Although the site fully loads on my PC, it seems to be slower than death to do so.
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear you are having speed issues. Please would you mind contacting me so I can run a traceroute on your signal. We have gone to great lengths to allocate massive server resources, I am wondering if it is a networking problem, or indeed, our server.

Many thanks,

Graham L.
    direct line: 802-662-8045

I wasn't near a phone (no cell phone) when I wrote the lead message. But I have recently checke the new RN web store and you folks must have done something because the contents loads for me now. I can see the contents and actually use the store.

The contents loads quickly for me as well. There may be a problem on the home page though. The boarder & header & footer stuff loads as do a bunch of products lower in the page but I see a big blank area in the centre where I'm guessing some sort of graphic is supposed to load. Since that is the prime area of your store home page I assume it was not intentionally left blank.

Other than that everything else seems to load & load quickly & I can find stuff quickly. Glad to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
    I wasn't near a phone (no cell phone) when I wrote the lead message. But I have recently checke the new RN web store and you folks must have done something because the contents loads for me now. I can see the contents and actually use the store.

The contents loads quickly for me as well. There may be a problem on the home page though. The boarder & header & footer stuff loads as do a bunch of products lower in the page but I see a big blank area in the centre where I'm guessing some sort of graphic is supposed to load. Since that is the prime area of your store home page I assume it was not intentionally left blank.

Other than that everything else seems to load & load quickly & I can find stuff quickly. Glad to see it.
    Hi TeriAnn,

Did you try pausing AdBlock? After I paused AdBlock the image in the center loaded for me.

Regards,
    Zack Griswold
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Thank you for the help and instructive comments.

The 2012 Rovers North Holiday website homepage should look like what I've posted below. I had to make screen shots and the background is actually fixed, so it appears repeated in the screen shot. Please let us know what is missing and your browser, operating system, and other geeky details etc. and Graham will look into this, Thanks!
    Cheers, Thompson

Cheers, Thompson
    Creative Director / Art Director
    Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by RN Admin View Post
    Thank you for the help and instructive comments.

The 2012 Rovers North Holiday website homepage should look like what I've posted below. I had to make screen shots and the background is actually fixed, so it appears repeated in the screen shot. Please let us know what is missing and your browser, operating system, and other geeky details etc. and Graham will look into this, Thanks!
    Cheers, Thompson
    The only thing missing is the middle graphic with the mug, clock and sweat shirt. Every thing else on the page is loading quickly. As near as I can tell all the catalogue pages pulled up from your database are loading fine for me now and a lot quicker than they did on the old site.

Mac OS 10.6.8
    Firefox for Mac 16.0.2
    Firefox add ons:
    AdBlock Plus 2.2.1
    JSView 2.0.8
    Web Developer 1.2.2

And no, I most likely will not go into adblocker, disable it to view the web site, then go back into adblocker and turn it back on when leaving the site just to view a single web site. Adblocker saves me from a lot of ad spam. Yes I know you do not have spam ads in your site but they are just about everywhere else out there.

Take care,

TeriAnn

Hi Teriann,

I'm sorry you're having these issues, we really do want to give you a great experience on the site. Adblock is a great add-on, I use it myself. I agree, I wouldn't want to disable it every time either. I have put these images together to show you the simplest way to make everything a lot better for you.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Zack G
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotographer View Post
    Hi Teriann,

I'm sorry you're having these issues, we really do want to give you a great experience on the site. Adblock is a great add-on, I use it myself. I agree, I wouldn't want to disable it every time either. I have put these images together to show you the simplest way to make everything a lot better for you.

I hope this helps.
    Is that what that red round button is for. I couldn't read the letters on it & just ignored it as another Firefox option that I likely didn't need. I really need to get my reading glasses prescription updated & new reading glasses.

Thanks for your patience Zack. I see it all now. Maybe a tad blurry but all of your home page. That's why I'm not using my camera much anymore. I'm having a hard time getting a good focus on the ground glass even with a good loupe. Nothing like a fuzzy focus on a sheet of film.