Thread: possible new disco 1

Default possible new disco 1

Hello All,

I have a 74 series III swb that I love but is a bit rough for everyday use. I'm looking at getting another land rover that I can use on a regular basis. I really like the look of disco II's but don't want to spend too much money on a low mileage one and all the electrical issues scare me a bit. I found a 1995 disco with manual transmission and 57,000 miles for around $5,000. this seems like a pretty good car given the manual transmission and low miles. What all should I be looking for in this car? What are some common problems?

I don't know a lot about fixing land rovers though I've learned to fix some of the common issues with my series III.

thanks for all your help
    1974 - Series III 88" in Limestone (Sandy)

Default Re

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Major things to be aware of are electric issues and floor holyness. Particular the driver and passenger pan and the rocker pannels. Also, I've heard it's common for the headliner to sag, if interior is one of your concerns. And I may or may not have heard of the roof leaking on the rubber seal for the sunroof(s). But if you're handy, parts are plentiful. I know my local scrap yard has a few as well.

On another topic, do you plan on selling the series III?
    Last edited by heyitsmike; 11-20-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by heyitsmike View Post
    On another topic, do you plan on selling the series III?
    My land rover is always for sale for the right price!
    1974 - Series III 88" in Limestone (Sandy)

Rust in Chassis mounts to body-A pillar especially towards bottom of pillar inc B Pillar-steel to alloy at c pillar-sill under doors-battery box and behind headlights. Floor of trunk-

And