Thread: Desperately Seeking Series - II, IIA, III - 88" - LHD

Default Desperately Seeking Series - II, IIA, III - 88" - LHD

So I've been stalking this forum for months, and finally decided to create an account! I am really interested in buying my first ever series land rover. Grew up in shops, working on trucks, learned how to drive on a 1947 Jeep Willy, but I've always despised jeeps and loved Land Rovers.

So if anyone is looking to sell a Series II/IIA/III preferably younger than 1960 (my mom doesn't want me to have a car older than she is...) 88" frame SWB or LWB hit me up! Looking to spend between $4,000 - $8,000 obviously dependent on quality and location. I live in NJ but have shipped trucks in the past and would just have to factor that into my budget. Would like to use this as my daily driver - doesn't have to be too fancy, just needs to run and not need that much work on it. Thanks for your time! - Amy
    Last edited by amyamberg; 12-05-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Amy, anything pre-1960 is going to be tough to find, especially if you want a decent runner... and at that price, it might never happen.. Keep your eyes on here, Ebay (where I found mine), guns and rovers, search craigslist nation wide and search on all of the independent rover parts places, alot of them have "trucks for sale" sections.
    Spread the word that you're looking and you'll find something. I'd drop the pre 1960 thing though, and stretch it out to 1970 or so, you'll have alot more luck.

~Steve
    ---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Just fixed it! I meant younger than 1960 not older. Yikes, thanks for the sharp eye!

Amy, hey in Central Jersey and have been looking for the right rover for myself as well. Looking for a II or IIA 88 LHD driver. Sound familiar. Been hitting up pretty much everything Steve suggested. Seen some that interested me, but can't settle how much project I want for my price range. I think I need to just jump in and deal with it. BTW seen what looked like a nice sIII at a local shop a couple weeks ago, but wasn't able to stop and take a closer look.

Anyway, Good Luck with the search. -Ed

Hey Amy
    Looking to sell my swb 88 diesel series III left hand drive ( I need a pick up). This truck could fit the bill for you. I drive it often and keep it up but there is plenty of room for improvement. Also I'm in RI let me know what you think.
    Cheers
    Eric wolf

Eric,
    I to am looking for my first land rover. I would be intrested in the diesel rig you have.
    email pics and a price

thanks
    mike