Thread: Rear Heater for Series III 88

Default Rear Heater for Series III 88

I just obtained a Toyota rear heater and want to install it in my Series. Has anyone done this? Any tips you could give me?

Thanks so much

Russ

1972 Series III "Geraldine"

I had a rear heater for many years and only removed it recently. I teed into the existing heater hoses under the hood, ran them on top of the transmission tied to the hand brake linkage. I came into the cab through the small area behind the seat base but in front of the tub, I then used 90 deg fittings through the front of the tub down very low into the heater. Electrical I ran from an after market AC 3 speed fan switch in the dash P clipped along the side of the transmission tunnel through the front of the seat base then followed the hoses to the heater, wires encased in protective covering. It worked very well and would cook you out if both left on high. I should add my heater was a metal box I made to fit a heater core then stuck a 3 speed fan in one end and mesh across the other, it didn't use fresh air just recirculated air.
    Last edited by busboy; 12-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    1971 series 2a 88, series 3 trans, Fairey OD, owned since 1978.