Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diff Lock stuck

Default Been there done that

Great job on everyones part.
    I do believe you forgot to send an offering to the "rover gods" it always help.
    david
    69 Lightweight
    With Rover V8
    Does a body good

we talked about 3 weeks ago. my 95 d1 we just bought is haveing trouble when turning as if in lock but i have the case unlocked .what else could it be ? i've been under it lubed the linkage and so on .we now have front dr shaft out to drive .also when shaft was in ,it would wind up then sort of pop thats not normal i know

do you have a picture or view of the transfer case 95 d1,and thanks for your reply a few weeks ago.

Driving the newer transfer boxes (any with a diff in them) will be quickly destroyed when driven with either prop shaft removed, and the diff locked (if it's not locked, it won't move the truck).

Get thet box apart and figure out what is wrong with it, or just order a re-built unit now, since you already had a problem, and likely made it much worse driving on it...
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular

Long story short, '97 disco, seized diff lock, etc etc.

Took the little guy apart, now in the process of taking the rust off the parts. Luckily it seems the diff lock works fine when applied manualy.

The problem I have is that I can't figure out what drives the diff lock. The shaft with the circular ring that holds the lever doesn't seem to move in or out, even with no more rust and well greased. I can't see a leverage point that would cause the diff lock to engage and disengage.

How does this bloody thing work?!!?

Default Not shifting into low gear

Question about the transfer case. I have a 1995 disco I and I can't get it into low gear. I took the top cover off the shifter and it has a rubber boot over the shifter. Can I cut a hole in the rubber and spray with pb buster that way or do i need to take the console out an do it properly?

Thanks,

Chris Archer
    1995 disco I

Go ahead and drill out the rivets and take the rubber cover off properly. There's another cover that you'll probably wanna remove in there and a cheap little gasket you can replace for about 2$ ( RN part http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-3...top-lt230.aspx )

The rivets are 3/16" diameter if I remember correctly.

Some of you might find this helpful if you want to lubricate the CDL but don't know what it takes to get to it.

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30849

Default help flange nut on front drive shaft and rear brake drum 95 transfer case disco

has any one removed the flange nut on front of transfer case or flange nut on rear brake drum of 1995 disco. the picture in this forum shows nut on front drive shaft flange. thanks