Thread: door bottom question

Default door bottom question

I have a pair of door bottoms that I bought a while back. They were NOS I think. All doors I have had have the aluminum skin bends over the top with slots where the door top bolts pass through. The skins on these stop at the top of the door and are riveted along the top edge.
    See picture below, Thoughts?

Attachment 7516Attachment 7517

Never mind, just skinned a IIa door and it is the same. Must be a SIII thing with the skin piece on top.
    Last edited by siii8873; 12-24-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

I have a pair of aftermarket IIa doors in my basement of the exact same construction as the ones you pictured. My original IIa doors have hammer rivets around the door handle and I think the skin folds over at the top but I can't remember for sure. When I fit them I'm going to replace the pop rivets around the door handle with hammer rivets at the very least.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

These doors have pop rivets, my original IIA had hammer rivets around the door handles. I didn't remember correctly that my IIA's didn't fold over. I do know that others did, like I said maybe a SIII thing.
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT