Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much is it worth?

Based on Bostonian1976's thread you may have a tough time getting $8k. His truck has a great frame (yours is repaired), his is mechanically sorted (yours has suspension and potential engine issues), both have paint issues and yours seems to have some better bits (trop top, snorkel) but is a series III which is less desirable to some.

That's just my 2c, coming from someone shopping for one.

I'm starting to regret this question! I think I paid too much to begin with ($7,500) then I've spent about $2,500 in it plus a lot of time. I'm just hoping people like the 'good bits'

On a side note, has anyone seen the rovers on ebay? I feel like i've been pretty honest about my rover while lots of those ones have really cheap paint jobs and they paint everything in the engine compartments and the whole underside black...who knows what they are covering up, eh?
    1974 - Series III 88" in Limestone (Sandy)

Again, just my 2¢, but unless you do a full restoration on one of these trucks I would pretty much write off any investment that you've made since you purchased it. If you can get your initial purchase price back count your self lucky, IMO. A series truck shouldn't be seen as an appreciating asset so the fact that you've spent some time and $$ to enjoy the truck that you might not get back, eh, it is what it is. If I had to give one piece of advice for how to make the truck more sellable it would be to see if there's any way to sort the smokey startup issue. As a buyer that'd scare me a lot. I'm guessing you don't have documentation to suppor the rebuild so the idea that the motor was worked on, but still isn't running right is a big red flag. And if it's just the rear suspension bushings, get them sorted. It doesn't ring true in my head that recently upgraded springs would have bushing issues...

Just sold it on ebay for $8,500! Thanks for everyone's help. I will be back to the forum when I find my dream 110 tdi! (when my baby grows up a bit!)
    1974 - Series III 88" in Limestone (Sandy)