Thread: 2.6 water pump troubles

Default 2.6 water pump troubles

Hello friends,

Recently inherited a 1973 109 with the 2.6 6cyl, and she's a real beaut. Although at this moment I am wishing I had the 4cyl because my problem would be easily solved.

Water pump is leaking and I can't find a replacement pump anywhere, or even a rebuild kit. Anybody got any ideas????

Any help is welcome, thanks so much,

Joshmo

I would bet a dollar that the regular old $35 water pump rebuild kit our hosts sell will work just fine.

The PO rebuilt the pump on mine, pretty sure he got parts from RN. Worst case check the UK shops.

I had an NADA six and water pumps were difficult. I dont know if the pump is the same on the euro. I used to get mine (rebulit only) from the UK. I had a spare core so I was able to rotate them. I went through two during ownership.
    1968 Land Rover "Park Ranger" camper **SOLD**
    1967 109 **SOLD**
    NADA Dormobile #601 **SOLD**
    1965 IIA 88 2.5NA Diesel
    1963 Mercedes 300se
    1975 Volvo C303
    KJ6AQK