Stomper thank you. Since its not going in for a frame and bulk head till June I have time to sort out what other people have done and why so I am extremely grateful for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by stomper View Post
Unless you are going the rivet counting route, and in that case, you are trying to follow in the steps of gentlemen like Laney Clark etc, I would honestly stay away from trying to do a full showroom perfect restoration. Bias ply tires went out of demand for a reason. There are plenty of factory like original wheels out there that would look perfect on that truck, but may not be a rivet counter's definite match. Those alternative wheels will allow you to run a more traditional radial tire, and enjoy your truck a lot more.

It is also the same idea with the NADA spec 6 cylinder engine. Unless you are going to do a full strip down, build up, perfect restoration, there is a reason why very few people still use this engine.

It's your truck, and please, do what you want with it. Don't let me, or anyone else distract you from your vision, but I think everyday functionality with a slant on originality is a better direction to be heading in than showroom originality with a less than functional outcome.