Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do these rims look look original/correct for a 68 109 2A

Stomper thank you. Since its not going in for a frame and bulk head till June I have time to sort out what other people have done and why so I am extremely grateful for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by stomper View Post
    Unless you are going the rivet counting route, and in that case, you are trying to follow in the steps of gentlemen like Laney Clark etc, I would honestly stay away from trying to do a full showroom perfect restoration. Bias ply tires went out of demand for a reason. There are plenty of factory like original wheels out there that would look perfect on that truck, but may not be a rivet counter's definite match. Those alternative wheels will allow you to run a more traditional radial tire, and enjoy your truck a lot more.

It is also the same idea with the NADA spec 6 cylinder engine. Unless you are going to do a full strip down, build up, perfect restoration, there is a reason why very few people still use this engine.

It's your truck, and please, do what you want with it. Don't let me, or anyone else distract you from your vision, but I think everyday functionality with a slant on originality is a better direction to be heading in than showroom originality with a less than functional outcome.

kencs that would be great. Feel free to send me a private message as well. Also good to see someone close (Wellesley). I'm over on the Hill

Quote Originally Posted by kenscs View Post
    I have some wheels that came off my '67 Ex-MOD 109, that I replaced with new Wolf wheels because I did not have patience to repaint. I will take some photos and post them for you to see if they might work.

Talk to Matt Browne and see what he has kicking around for rims.
    Jim

will do. thanks jim