Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the search for a six cylinder for a 68 109 would begin..

he wants 6k

While most Land Rover folk are true gentlemen, and are honest in their transactions, It always is sound advice to know who you are dealing with, and what their reputation is. I would happily endorse singingcamel as an honest person to deal with. I won't say anything negative, but I think if you read between the lines here, you will catch my drift. The search feature on this site and on others will reveal all.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

A certain someone who has been mentioned in this thread used to sell (probably still does) Defender parts from surplus Canadian Army vehicles that were used for target practice. A general customer service policy of "suck it" prevails. Caveat Emptor.

all good to know and thank you.

Dare Brittania seems to be the new name of British Northwest Land-Rover Co. Looks like Land Rover forced his hand:

http://seattletrademarklawyer.com/st...0Complaint.pdf

Note especially paragraph 23:
    "Moreover, being linked with British [Northwest Land-Rover Co.] in the public’s perception can only cause injury to Land Rover’s goodwill, in light of the reputation for poor customer service and dishonest practices that Defendants have developed in the marketplace."

Quote Originally Posted by carl k View Post
    Dare Brittania seems to be the new name of British Northwest Land-Rover Co. Looks like Land Rover forced his hand:

http://seattletrademarklawyer.com/st...0Complaint.pdf
    THAT was an interesting read! I guess that when the nice man sends you a letter (or five), you had better follow the instructions!
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

6k!!! Considering most people yank the 2.6 and use it as an anchor, I think that's a tad inflated...

Think there is one on Land Rover Exchange in NM

Default NADA 6 cylinder

There is one currently for sale in Altoona, PA on craigslist from a 1967 Series IIa. Looks very rough but maybe some parts can be salvaged from it.

http://altoona.craigslist.org/pts/3529710647.html

I have one in nh. It's been at my house for a few years but it's not mine. I'm sure the guy who owns it would sell it cheap. Even for spares it would be worth picking up.