How does an original Trico Windshield Washer Assembly supposed to function? Does the spinning motor create (air?) pressure inside the water bottle? I'm referring to the original grey-top motor assembly which screws onto the top of a Series 2 washer bottle. Here's what I'm finding confusing - not having seen another working assembly before:

I've hooked up my 40-year-old Trico Washer Assembly - grounded it properly - and the motor spins just fine when I depress the washer knob on my dash. But there's no water being forced through the (genuine) hose toward the windshield. Oh, and yes, there's plenty of clean water inside my bottle. Currently there's only two plastic tube sections involved: the submerged tube that starts well inside the bottle, connecting to the underside of the bottle cap's outlet "nozzle"; and the clear connecting tube that runs from the cap's outlet "nozzle" to my windshield spray heads. There's no other parts involved on my assembly. Am I missing a part? What in the heck forces the water from inside the bottle outward?

NOTE: I'm going to take PICS of my entire assembly this weekend (hopefully) and post them ASAP.In the meantime, is there a genius out there who can help me - without the PICS? Thanks!

David's Daily Driver:
1971 Series 2a, 88, LHD, soft-top