Thread: Best US Insurance for series Rover?

Galloway British Columbia Canada and Jefferson City Missouri

Default Best US Insurance for series Rover?

Going to be bringing my 68 rover to the US in a few months what has your experince been for insurance? I have about 20K into the truck so I want to make sure it is covered. Thanks in advance for the help.
    1968 Series IIA
    1987 D90 Kid's project
    German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

Exit 105 off the parkway on the jersey shore

There is discussion on this on the D90 site a while ago.

Default Insurance

Hagerty Insurance in my hometown. The insure my 109 Series IIA.

Whatever you do, I would recommend getting an Agreed Value policy. I have my Lightweight insured through Hagerty with such a policy. Luckily, I haven't had to make a claim, so I don't know first hand how they are to deal with. However, the restoration shop that is working on my 68 Camaro has indicated that Hagerty is a real PITA to work with on classic car insurance claims.

Now, keep in mind that places like Hagerty are insuring your vehicle based on occasional use. That's why their rates are fairly reasonable. I pay more to insure my daily driver that isn't worth 1/4 of what my Lightweight is insured for. Hagerty has no mileage restrictions, but I can't use the vehicle for regular commuting. In other words, they don't want to insure a daily driver.

You want an AGREED value policy
    CHUBB is the best company to work with
    1964 Series IIa In progress
    1968 S IIa (Sold)
    1972 S III (Sold)
    1996 Discovery SE-7 (Sold)

Part of the answer depends on where you will be living. Not every insurer is in every state.