Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brake line routing LHD dual system

Default Brake Line Photos, Dual MC, 88

Here's a few pics of the brake line route on my '71.

Pay no attention to the unplugged wire above my oil pressure sending unit. My sending unit developed a short - causing the guage to read "full on". I'm switching to a mechanical system soon. The sending unit wire was renewed, but I do believe the short is in the actual sending unit.

Chiledavid
    '71 2a, 88, LHD, Soft-top
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_BRAKE.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	7744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_BRAKE.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	7745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_BRAKE.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	7746  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4_BRAKE.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	7747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5_BRAKE.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	7748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6_BRAKE.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	7749  

Oh...I just noticed that there is a third factory "loop-style" clamp just above the 3-way connector, holding the two brake lines. The other two clamps (on the bulkhead) are holding the clutch along with the brake lines. Details, details...

Child david, great pics thanks. I have a hand throttle cross shaft on mine which will require a little mod to the routing. I went and installed the break lines before the shaft and they are trying to occupy the same space.
    Look at the picture I attached, what is the bracket on the bulkhead for, one about 1/2 way accross. thought it was for brake lines?Attachment 7750

EDIT: BTW nice looking truck
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

[QUOTE=siii8873;91581]Child david, great pics thanks. I have a hand throttle cross shaft on mine which will require a little mod to the routing. I went and installed the break lines before the shaft and they are trying to occupy the same space.
    Look at the picture I attached, what is the bracket on the bulkhead for, one about 1/2 way accross. thought it was for brake lines?[ATTACH=CONFIG]7750[/

Are you referring to the "chair-shaped" or "L-shaped" bracket (in your photo) in the almost-center of your bulkhead? Located near that kind of recessed panel-area-thingy? That might be just one of the variations between a Series 3 and my Series 2a bulkhead? In other words, I have no idea what I'm looking at! Or what I'm talking about!

Hopefully a Series 3 person will reply! (I'm still at the bottom of the learning curve.)

Calling all Series 3 owners...A little help?

Here's my '73:

© 1974 Apis Mellifera. Few rights preserved.

My pipes are not original (they are kunifer), but the routing is and fasteners are. My 73 does not have that bracket on the bulkhead. The brake pipes should be routed up under the horizontal bend in the bulkhead just below the arched drip rail. They snap into white plastic retainers which are snapped into the bulkhead. These are differences between the IIa pictured above. Note also, the position of front/rear pipes on the MC. ChiliDavid my have a 109 MC or they my be different on a IIa/III 88.
    © 1974 Apis Mellifera. Few rights preserved.