Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Click and squeal won't start

I had a lot of hard starting and slow starting and after a lot of frustrating days found it to be the actual wires ( from the battery to the starter and so on) this problem will mimic all the others eg. Low battery, bad starter ect ect.

I agree. I replaced everything including the starter and still no start. The last thing I did was put a jumper cable from battery ground to starter and presto! If replacing starter, definitely go with the high torque starters.

Mine did the same, I thought I had checked the grounds but the engine strap wasn't good enough. I put another ground strap and new hardware on and problem was solved. After wasting money on a new starter and battery though!

Well, it took me a week to get around to it, but I replaced the worn starter cable and tightened my battery connections and it started right up. Hopefully, it's been sussed. Thanks for all the help.