Thread: Rear Washer fluid

Default Rear Washer fluid

I put a Defender rear wiper on my Series III Station Wagon today. Wondering how to get washer fluid to the rear window.
    Looking at three ways to do this:
    1. Pump from front washer tank.....long hose to window.
    2. Add a second tank under hood with pump and hose to window.
    3. Add tank to rear of cargo/passenger area and put pump and hose there to rear window....close to window.

If anyone has done this ...how did you do it and did it work well? I am leaning towards doing number 2.

Since the rear wiper on originally equipped vehicles is wired and switched separately (usually intermittent, in my experience), I'd say an independent pump would be necessary. For sake of ease, I'd probably opt for a dedicated pump and reservoir in the back. No fluid-filled tubing to contend with either. This would also lessen the amount of dry-wiping time since the fluid wouldn't be traveling all the way from the front.
    © 1974 Apis Mellifera. Few rights preserved.

I have a rear washer and wiper. I used an after market pump mounted at the rear and a small clear plastic bottle that the hose goes into the screw cap, the nozzle is mounted 5 1/2 inches up from the bottom of the removable top on the passenger side next to the door. If you look inside you will see a galvanized reinforcing bracket, the nozzle is just above the top of it, works great. I guess you could use the jug the washer fluid comes in and just change the cap over each time.
    1971 series 2a 88, series 3 trans, Fairey OD, owned since 1978.

Exit 105 off the parkway on the jersey shore

I would just buy the washer fluid bottle that holds dual pumps and run your tube to the back like they did in the defenders.