Thread: volt regulator / fuel sender ???

Default volt regulator / fuel sender ???

I'm working on testing my gauges befor assembly. One question I have is on the voltage regulator. There are two connections marked "I" and "B", which connects to the source and which to the gauges? Also on a test bench does the case need a ground reference (ground case).
    I also tested my fuel level sending unit and it measures from around 30 to 200 Ohms sound correct?

Thanks
    Bob
    THING 1 - 1973 88 SIII - SOLD
    THING 2 -1974 88 SIII Daily Driver - SOLD
    THING 3 - 1969 88 SIIA Bugeye Project
    THING 4 - 1971 109 SIIA ExMod - SOLD
    THING 5 - 1958 109 PU
    THING 6 - 1954 86" HT

Quote Originally Posted by siii8873 View Post
    I'm working on testing my gauges befor assembly. One question I have is on the voltage regulator. There are two connections marked "I" and "B", which connects to the source and which to the gauges? Also on a test bench does the case need a ground reference (ground case).
    I also tested my fuel level sending unit and it measures from around 30 to 200 Ohms sound correct?
    I = Instruments, B = Battery.

Can't tell ya what the correct sender ohmage is as mine was open, so I just replaced it.

Quote Originally Posted by siii8873 View Post

Thanks
    Bob
    Make sure you have the correct sending unit to gauge, if they are mismatched, then it wont work right check out THIS THREAD