Thread: Blind pop rivets

Default Blind pop rivets

I'm looking for some pop rivets to reinstall the galvanized trim on the rear, they look like a high button head and while I do have a rivet gun, snaps and dolly/bucking bars for solid rivets there are a lot that are impossible to get to so I would just use a blind or pop rivet but would like the same or very similar head and preferably a sealed tail. What have others used and where did you get them?
    1971 series 2a 88, series 3 trans, Fairey OD, owned since 1978.

Busboy:

What do you have for a rivet gun? A basic hardware store riveter won't handle sealed rivets and will break quickly (it won't hold the mandrels any more).

My apologies if you already know this, but for sealed rivets you will need a manly man riveter like the Marson "Big Daddy," easily found on the interwebs.

You can buy sealed rivets from our wonderful hosts.........or from other sources that I'm sure other posters will recommend.

Ted

The rivet gun I mentioned is an aircraft quality pneumatic 4X for solid rivets, I do have 3 "pop rivet" guns 2 of which are also aircraft quality so no problems pulling the rivets. I did check Rovers North and another place in Canada but I was unable to find any. I do have a wide selection of rivets but no blind rivets with the correct style of head. I'll look again on Rovers North, Thanks.

I think I bought from these guys......great quality.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...sp?Product=642

Thanks for the links guys, unfortunately after looking on both sites and going through all the rivets there isn't any with the head I'm looking for, one of the sites had the correct head but only in a solid rivet with a .152 head height. I did notice that the Pegasus site had Cleco pins, over the years my 1/8 pins have slowly disappeared and I'm down to about 20 or so, so I'm going to pick up another 100 and keep looking for the rivets.

Pretty expensive as far as clecos go. I'd recommend The Yard Store or Aircraft Tool Supply or US Tool, personally.

Unless I were doing some sort of concourse restoration, I wouldn't put too much thought into the perfect head shape for the blind rivets. Unlike driven rivets, blind rivets only come in a few shapes. They're not depicted correctly on this page on the Hanson Rivet site, but you probably won't find much more of a selection than this.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
    Pretty expensive as far as clecos go. I'd recommend The Yard Store or Aircraft Tool Supply or US Tool, personally.

Unless I were doing some sort of concourse restoration, I wouldn't put too much thought into the perfect head shape for the blind rivets. Unlike driven rivets, blind rivets only come in a few shapes. They're not depicted correctly on this page on the Hanson Rivet site, but you probably won't find much more of a selection than this.
    I see the Yard store is 20% cheaper for the same 1/8 Clecos... Thanks.
    As for the rivets, I probably have some with a standard head but the factory must have got theirs from somewhere.. OH yeh that was 40 odd years ago, time flies.