Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for help on Wings Series II Ideas or Options

Teri Ann supposedly the panels I bought are suppose to be genuine land rover pieces. I should receive them Monday.
    Luckyjoe, do u still have those wings?

Jason, I still have the wings but they are not for sale. It was a unique purchase situation, from the UK no less, and since I live in an deer-over-population State, they will remain in my parts reserve. FWIW, the military wings have an reinforcing plate beneath the top panel, rubber door bumper for when the door check rods are not in use and the vertical light arrangement on the front panel. Not something I would want to have to find again...

This really is not that much damage. I am sure you can find someone to straighten them - even with shipping to/from a capable mechanic it would see less expensive than current replacement prices (i.e. you can't find any!). In fact, if I were looking for wings and found yours I would snap them up in a heartbeat!
    Tom P.
    1965 exMoD 109
    1995 RRC LWB w/EAS

Advertisement to SELL; Product: PARTS; Price: $650.00; (Currency: US Dollars)
    Complete Series wing
    Right side complete wing. Excellent condition Pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/stonefox99/RoverGoods#
    Sean Fox.
    West Hurley, New York, United States of America - 18 February 2013

From land rover exchange
    1995 NAS D-90 Soft Top, AA Yellow
    1973 Series III '88 Hard Top, Limestone
    1957 Series I, Deep bronze green

That doesn't look so bad, I've had worse than that to work with. Just pop that front back out, do a little tin bashing, and be done. If it's not perfect, don't worry to much about it, as these things always look better when they can show off their scars. Gives them character.

Teri Ann I received my defender skins today and they are genuine land rover skins. Still on the on hunt for original series panels.