Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rovers North Rock Sliders

Default Rovers North Rock Sliders

There has been some discussion of the installation of the rovers north rock sliders needing some custom fitting to the series Rovers. Here are some pictures of the issue that I am dealing with (that the tabs on the sliders do not line up with the sill channel tabs). I am wondering of other have faced the same problem and would describe or post pics of the solution that they cam up with to help me and other in the future. Thanks to anyone that can help!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0914.jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	7850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0913.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	7851

Now that's off just a smidge now isn't it?! Are these supposed to be for series trucks or are they for a D90 that you're trying to make work on a series truck?
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

I wouldn't attach them to the sills. Much stronger attached to the outriggers.

I don't have these sliders, but if it were me and I couldn't find the proper way to do it, I'd probably just do this:

I think (don't quote me) there's normally an "L"-shaped piece between the sill and the floor support piece here on my 109. I'll check the parts catalogue...
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
    I think (don't quote me) there's normally an "L"-shaped piece between the sill and the floor support piece here on my 109. I'll check the parts catalogue...
    Eh...I guess not:

--Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

I am in the process of making some plates just like Mark suggested. These are the series sliders according to R.N., not the defender sliders. I guess that there must be come variation as to the location of the sill tabs on different year models, or whoever made the sliders had a measuring error. They do attach to the front and rear outriggers, so at these tabs are secondary support.

I might add that when off roading I have seen willow branches get caught between the slider and the fender, I think the front and rear should also attach to the inside of the fenders, not for support but to avoid anything getting caught in between. A simple strip of metal across with some self tapping screws would suffice, better yet welded to the slider and bolted through the fender.
    1971 series 2a 88, series 3 trans, Fairey OD, owned since 1978.

There are other brands of rock sliders for series trucks, I don't want to step on RN products but what they offer is just one product, there are others,

I know that at some point Ike and east coast rovers made sliders, but as of late, I thought these were the only ones available. Can you let me know of what else is out there?

Thanks!

Have you called RN and brought the situation to their attention? What did they say?
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president