Thread: Motive Power Bleeder adapter

Default Motive Power Bleeder adapter

Good Day all

I am looking for the correct adapter for my NADA 1973 88 boosted brake master so that I can pressure bleed my brake system. Problem is that I bought the wrong adapter. The application guide is a little vague. Anyone with actual experience using a threaded adapter would be greatly appreciated. http://motiveproducts.com/index.html

http://www.motiveproducts.com/files/...on%20Guide.pdf

Cheers,
    Herman
    1973 88
    1964 109 regular

I've used the Motive on my other ride, it's a good product for the money. I'm not sure which adapter you've got, round or rectangular, but your best bet is to contact Motive with the thread count and diameter of your cap. I have no idea whether that is 'standardized' size or left to manufacturers.

FYI, the pressure of the bleeder is pretty low. You can really charge it up, but best not to - you can crack the reservoir but more likely just end up spraying brake fluid all over the engine bay.

I suppose you could get a bit goofy with trying to seal this with different methods, but given the hassle, might just be best to bleed the old fashion way. If you can't get an assist, in a pinch you can use a 2x4 on the pedal. I used to do that and never had problems. But it does require patience and a ton of back and forth.

They make a point of saying you've got to clean the unit afterwards (denat. alcohol I think). Absolutely have to do that, the seals and hoses will be useless next time you need the thing if you don't.
    1970 88 IIA

I dont think that motive makes anything that fits on the metal can thread. They have a universal one that hooks onto the bottom of the can with j hooks. That is the one that you have to use.
    1968 Land Rover "Park Ranger" camper **SOLD**
    1967 109 **SOLD**
    NADA Dormobile #601 **SOLD**
    1965 IIA 88 2.5NA Diesel
    1963 Mercedes 300se
    1975 Volvo C303
    KJ6AQK

Default sorry- screwed up

always get screwed up when people use NADA to describe anything but 67 109 6 cylinders. My post does not apply to you since you have the dual circuit master. I have to admit that I dont know anything about those, I have never had one but I think that they DO made the cap for that. I just dont know what it is.
    1968 Land Rover "Park Ranger" camper **SOLD**
    1967 109 **SOLD**
    NADA Dormobile #601 **SOLD**
    1965 IIA 88 2.5NA Diesel
    1963 Mercedes 300se
    1975 Volvo C303
    KJ6AQK

I called them up, they now make an adapter from Girling Brake Master Caps - perfect (I hope) for my boosted dual circuit, SIII brake system.

I appreciate the responses.

1973 88
    1964 109
    1975 Volvo C303 actually the 11-11-variant
    KE5HJK

I may be a dope, but couldn't one use a (proper diameter) rubber stopper and put a hole in it for the pressure tube? Done this for testing radiators and it works great.

Hi,

I use one of the Motive power bleeders. I use the cone shaped adapter that came with the unit. I don't use the unit as recommended either. In that I do not put the fluid in the tank. I fill my reservior with fluid and attach the pump, then I put 10psi in the tank and go bleed an axle. Then I refill the reservior pump up 10psi and bleed the other axle. I decided to do it this way as I didn't want to keep fluid in the tank or do all the clean up after every bleeding. Sometimes I don't even use it and use the stick on the pedal process. Both work.

gene