Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Tires for a Series IIA 109 SW

1970 IIA 88"
    Installed 4 215/85-16 Goodyear Dura trac's late last year. They have the winter snow flake rating, made in USA. Think I paid $800ish for the set. I've been very pleased with snow/ice performace and mud/light off road. As for noise the Rover covers up anything the tires might make.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new tires ft view.JPG 
Views:	595 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	7892

Quote Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
    If you get into an accident potentially caused by any sort of tyre or wheel malfunction and get sued an insurance investigator will likely check to see if the tyre size is correct for the wheel & vehicle. If it is out of spec then you may find your insurance unwilling to pay, yourself and the company who sold you the tyres to be in litigation.
    Valid point perhaps but not much different than getting into an accident with a series rover that has a Ford V8, modified drive line, power steering and modified braking system though.
    The fact that you mounted a non standard size, radial tire can potentially get you in trouble too I suppose.

This is America and you don't have to do ANYTHING wrong to be sued unfortunately.
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

---- 1969 Bugeye ----
    ---- 1962 Dormobile ----

Here in Colorado, I've been running BF Goodrich AT's for about 11 years. Never a problem. It was my only car for about 4 years and I never had an issue with them on or off road, in snow, on ice and in the mountains. My brother is currently borrowing my truck for the winter and living in Vail up a super steep hill on the side of the mountain and he says he hasn't had an issue yet.

That said, I have been hearing fantastic things about the Wrangler Duratrac and may give them a shot whenever I need new tires for the Series.
    Seth

'67 IIa 109 Station Wagon (the daughter's toy)
    2003 XC70 (for the dog)
    2006 XC70 (for the wife/daughter/son)
    2002 650 Dakar (for trip planning purposes)

Quote Originally Posted by Cevan View Post
    How does the offset of the Disco I rims compare with the stock 16" rims. The rims on my IIA have less offset than my buddy's series III 16" rims and I don't want mine to look like a mail truck. I would like more offset and a wider rim.
    The Disco I wheels have the extra width inboard so they do not stick out of a Series body.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GR_DiscoWheel.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	7893

People's Republick of Cambridge & Malpais CR

Quote Originally Posted by Revtor View Post
    These with the kedge grip walnut shells, glass chunks, and coffee grounds would be a great year round tire. And its gets a green star for being a recycled product.
    The Toltec Coffee fleet....
    96 FZJ80: 3XL, lifted, and shaved
    94 FZJ 80: our Costa Rican coffee and surf mobile
    70 Series IIA 88: After 18 months of wrenching, its alive and legal to drive!
    70 Series IIA 88: in US on H-1B visa
    56 Series I 86: a whole new type of rover hell....