Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jalopnik Rover Picture for your enjoyment

Default Jalopnik Rover Picture for your enjoyment

Imagine taking a corner in this thing

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-another-...over-447871413
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Wow. They sure don't make soft-top hoops like they used to!
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian1976 View Post
    Imagine taking a corner in this thing

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-another-...over-447871413
    That is quite inventive but.. there's more steel involved in that contraption than it would have taken to build a trailer to tow behind and carry the race car. lol.
    1971 series 2a 88, series 3 trans, Fairey OD, owned since 1978.

Mark it's a Series 1 - that's why. The soft top hoops were pure iron
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

I looked at that and felt it was designed by someone who was about a six pack past drunk. The centre of gravity must be around the LR's door tops. And the side sway on those leaf springs. Geeez.

I'm pretty sure that there were trailer hitches for the Series I. I keep waiting for the Monty Python theme music to cut in.

Quote Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
    I looked at that and felt it was designed by someone who was about a six pack past drunk. The centre of gravity must be around the LR's door tops. And the side sway on those leaf springs. Geeez.

I'm pretty sure that there were trailer hitches for the Series I. I keep waiting for the Monty Python theme music to cut in.
    LOL. If those people had the skill to build the race car and the contraption to carry it they could have surely added a hitch to the rear of the Landrover, although who knows how much road tax they would have to pay on the trailer, perhaps this was the way around the road tax?

Maybe there were different speed limits for a vehicle with or without a trailer - not that a Series 1 with a race car on the roof would have to worry about that . . .

Or . . . maybe their garage was on the 2nd story of a London lock-up.
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Quote Originally Posted by LaneRover View Post
    Maybe there were different speed limits for a vehicle with or without a trailer - not that a Series 1 with a race car on the roof would have to worry about that . . .

Or . . . maybe their garage was on the 2nd story of a London lock-up.
    As Landrovers are already "speed limited" the only other explanation is as you say "the garage must have been on the second floor."

Quote Originally Posted by busboy View Post
    LOL. If those people had the skill to build the race car and the contraption to carry it they could have surely added a hitch to the rear of the Landrover, although who knows how much road tax they would have to pay on the trailer, perhaps this was the way around the road tax?
    you don't pay road tax on trailers in Britain, but the number plate on the trailer has to be the same as the vehicle towing it.

Quote Originally Posted by taffhill View Post
    you don't pay road tax on trailers in Britain, but the number plate on the trailer has to be the same as the vehicle towing it.
    I remember the license plates being the same as the TV but what do you do if you want to tow the trailer with more than one vehicle?