Thread: Need Brake Line Expertise

Default Need Brake Line Expertise

Fellow LR maniacs, I need help! I need to replace both the brake and clutch lines from the reservoir of my '66 IIa to their respective, brand new MCs. After much trial and error, I've discovered that this line (in both cases) needs to have a 7/16"-20 fitting (male and female). The lines that go from each MC out to their respective systems use 3/8" fittings which I have and are relatively easy to come by. I can't find any commercially available 7/16"-20 fittings. All the major auto parts suppliers carry 7/16"-24 but, I can't find what I need. Has anyone come across this before? Is anyone out there happening to be stockpiling these fittings?

I've tried looking for adaptors and I think AGS makes one but, it seems to be "temporarily out of stock" everywhere I look.

I buy all my brake stuff here:
    http://store.fedhillusa.com/britishg...dfittings.aspx
    The 7/16-20 nuts and stuff are at the bottom of the page. Usually they have it to me in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
    The 7/16-20 nuts and stuff are at the bottom of the page. Usually they have it to me in a couple days.
    Thanks. This looks like a good resource. Turns out, I found the adapter I needed. I begged a guy at Autozone to let me come behind the counter and pilfer through all of the various brakelines fittings they had. I found the last two they had. Got lucky.

Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
    Made a note about this site in my misc rover file.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Mule View Post
    Made a note about this site in my misc rover file.
    They sell very high quality merchandise and the prices are very reasonable. Doing my whole truck with cupro-nickel pipe and their fittings.

I don't have to wait 2 days for anything from them....I live 10 minutes away! Nice people and always have cool cars in their shop!
    Jason
    "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president